Graphic Design Software II: Adobe Photoshop Essentials
Adult Classes / Graphic Design Software -
UGotClass: Spring 2023
This is the second of the three courses that make up the Graphic Design Software Essentials Certificate Program.
This fundamental course covers Adobe Photoshop CC most commonly used tools, menus and panels. You’ll learn all the basics of Photoshop to effectively work with selection and editing tools, layers, and masks to edit, retouch and enhance existing images or create your own composite digital art work. Impress your business organization, friends and family by enhancing their photos and create magazine cover quality enhanced images. Access to Adobe Photoshop software required..
This class can be taken individually, or together with the other two classes for the certificate. If you pay for all three classes at once, there is a discount at checkout.
For all online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for their course. Trial versions of Adobe software are sometimes available on the Adobe company website. If you're taking the entire “Graphic Design certificate” you'll need Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. Otherwise you may sign up for a single software.
The other courses in this program are: Adobe InDesign Essentials and Adobe Illustrator Essentials
To progress through this course you will:
- Read the print readings.
- Have the option of accessing the online readings.
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides.
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned.
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants.
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.